Can You Help Us To Redefine Digital Development For People, Planet and Profit?
Are you an experienced developer with an interest in using your skills for good? We have a vacancy for a full time lead developer position and are looking for somebody who can create websites that have a huge impact for our clients and a minimal impact upon the environment.
Why Is This Such An Important Position?
Because we believe there is a better way to design: for people, planet, and profit. We’ve been redefining the design process, since day one, to make sure that everyone benefits. We’re a business that measures what it says and pushes for more. At Leap, we don’t just talk about doing nice things. We prove it, we keep pushing ourselves to do more, and we show the world there is another way to design. In the age of the internet when everything is online first, The Lead Developer role means that you’ll be at the cutting edge of what we do here at Leap.
Why Work With Us?
As with the new normal, this role can work remotely or balance between home and our amazing new eco studio in the best place in England – Cornwall. We offer purpose-driven career development; if you don’t believe us ask B Corp – we are a “Best for the World – Workers” Honoree three years in a row and were judged to be one of the Escape 100 best companies to “escape to” in 2019. As a B Corp, you’ll be working in a business that’s certified and committed to balancing purpose and profit to deliver a positive impact across the triple bottom line for us and our clients (many of whom are also B Corps). We have a fantastic employee perks package and offer meaningful benefits. Leap is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support team members from different backgrounds.
Has That Got You Excited?
Here are your key things to nail:
- A full-stack developer but with a front end focus.
- At least 5 years experience
- Experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS and JS development, ideally with considerable experience working with complex WordPress projects
- Come from a senior position of managing a team
The Boring Bits:
- Understanding of programming methodologies and architectures
- Experience in planning and monitoring software delivery and testing – (familiar with agile methodologies)
- Experience developing accessible web solutions
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Solid understanding of technical on-site SEO
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Familiarity with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
- Familiarity of UX process and UI
The Bonus Bits (but not make or breakers):
- Client facing – communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Sustainable focus
- •Experience of training and developing a team
Does This Sound Like You?
Get in touch with your CV and a cover letter, and please include your salary expectations. Remember too that we’re a creative studio, so don’t be shy to do something creative to grab our attention!
Send your application to [email protected]
Closing date 30th September 2020. No agencies please.