Remote or based at our studio in Cornwall
Can You Help Us To Redefine Digital Development For People, Planet and Profit?
Are you an experienced Developer with an interest in using your skills for good? We have a vacancy for a Developer position and are looking for somebody who can create websites that have a huge impact for our clients and a minimal impact upon the environment.
Why Is This Such An Important Position?
Because we believe there is a better way to design: for people, planet, and profit. We’ve been redefining the design process, since day one, to make sure that everyone benefits. We’re a business that measures what it says and pushes for more. At Leap, we don’t just talk about doing nice things. We prove it, we keep pushing ourselves to do more, and we show the world there is another way to design.
Why Work With Us?
As with the new normal, this role can work remotely within the UK 100% of the time or balance between home and our amazing new eco studio in the best place in England – Cornwall, we will let you decide. We offer purpose-driven career development; if you don’t believe us ask B Corp – we are a “Best for the World – Workers” Honoree three years in a row and were judged to be one of the Escape 100 best companies to “escape to” in 2020. As a B Corp, you’ll be working in a business that’s certified and committed to balancing purpose and profit to deliver a positive impact across the triple bottom line for us and our clients (many of whom are also B Corps).
We offer a relaxed and inclusive environment to work in, flexible hours, up-skilling opportunities, creative free-flow as well as many other meaningful benefits.
Has that got you excited?
Here Are Your Key Things To Nail:
- At least 4 years experience
- Experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS and JS development, ideally with experience working with complex WordPress projects
The Boring Bits:
- Understanding of programming methodologies and architectures
- Experience in planning and monitoring software delivery and testing – (familiar with agile methodologies)
- Experience developing accessible web solutions
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Solid understanding of technical on-site SEO
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Familiarity with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
- Familiarity of UX process and UI
The Bonus Bits (But Not Make Or Breakers):
- Client facing – communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Sustainable focus – wanting to turn the web green
How To Apply
Get in touch with your CV and a cover letter, and please include your salary expectations. Remember too that we’re a creative studio, so don’t be shy to do something creative to grab our attention!
Send your application to [email protected]
We are committed to achieving a diverse team by recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are creating and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment for all our employees.
Closing date Friday March 12th, 2021 . No agencies please.