Goodfest, the time of year we all look forward to at Leap! A festival of creative conversations exploring how to inspire change through purposeful ideas and actions, with the coolest people in the County and afar. The 2-day event will be held at the famous Bedruthan Hotel, perched on the hill overlooking Mawgan Porth on the stunning North Coast of Cornwall.
For the first time in Goodfest history, festival go-ers (and non-festival-goers) can cycle to the festival in Cornwall, 180-miles of great company, epic landscapes and rugged coastlines.
Led by Rosie Riley from Adventure Uncovered and Shaylin Wilkins from Brake the Cycle, cyclists can choose to ride the full way from Bristol to Bedruthan (4 days, 3 nights) or join along the way for a night or two – how many miles is up to you!
Full-Trip – Guided Cycle to Goodfest from Bristol + Overnight YHA accommodation + Delicious Food (including breakfast & lunch)
Day-Rides – Guided Cycle to Goodfest from Bristol + Overnight YHA accommodation + Delicious Food (including breakfast & lunch)
The vibe will be similar to last year’s Ride the Change – Cycle to COP26 except for this time everyone will be staying together in beautiful YHAs (exclusively hired for Goodride cyclists) so accommodation and food are SORTED.
- First aid trained, fully guided cycling (1:10 ratio), estimated 3x guides (30 people)
- YHA accommodation
- Mechanical support and insurance
- Support vehicle(s) to carry all riders’ festival luggage to Goodfest site (if attending)
- Tasty breakfasts and lunches included (all plant-powered), plus water refills
- Positive festival warm-up vibes, plus short talks and surprises along the way!
- 15% Discount Code off a ticket to Goodfest!
- Cheese demonstration at the Cheddar Gorge Cheese Company
- Cider tasting at Torre Farm Orchards
- A tour and tasting of Quince’s Honey Farm
- Speke’s Mill Mouth Waterfall
- Hartland Lunch in the Cracking Crab, Polzeath’s finest nosh
- A spooky tour of the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic
- Cream teas, pasties, pasties, pasties
- Vitamin Sea swims
- Seaweed forages
- Morning yoga sessions
- Korev Shandies 🙂
Returning from Goodfest? Book your train home via Newquay (5 Miles) or Bodmin Parkway (19.3 Miles).
Upon arrival to Goodfest, there are plentiful places to stay. We have secured heavily discounted room rates at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, host of Goodfest, for anyone attending the festival. To take advantage of this great offer please call 01637 861 200 or email the hotel at [email protected] before you book to let them know you will be joining us at Goodfest.
Remember cycling is not a race it’s about building community, having open conversations, and learning along the way about place, environment, and futures. Who knows, we may even learn something about ourselves along the way. Co-founder of Goodfest and Founder of Leap Matt Hocking will be joining the ride, and we are hoping some of our speakers will also join some of the days.
Book your Good Ride tickets here, and if you do wish to attend Goodfest and want to buy a ticket, use code CYCLE to get a 15% discount off the price, as thanks from the organisers for traveling as sustainably as possible to the event. For updates, follow @goodfestcornwall using the hashtag #TheGoodRide.